The UAMS Division for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DDEI) – Veterans Subcommittee is charged with helping to ensure military and/or veteran students, staff, faculty, and alumni find resources, support, and advocacy at UAMS.
Also, the UAMS Division for Diversity,
Equity, and Inclusion (DDEI) – Veterans Subcommittee works to create a stronger and more inclusive community by focusing on initiatives and events that recognize, engage, and benefit our military/veteran students, staff, faculty and alumni.
The DDEI – Veterans Subcommittee serves:
- To provide a network of support to military and/or veterans, their families and civilian supporters
- To educate the university community about the experiences of military and/or veterans and work with the university administration to meet the needs of our military population/community
- To address military and/or veteran students, staff, faculty and alumni concerns through scheduled meetings, advocacy, outreach, and engagement activities
- To foster esprit de corps* among military and/or veteran students, staff, faculty and alumni and promote an understanding of issues
- Enhance the awareness and understanding of the UAMS community about the experiences of military and/or veterans through training and other related events/activities
*Esprit de corps mean to have a sense of unity and of common interest and responsibilities, as developed among a group of persons closely associated in a task, case, enterprise, etc.