6th – 8th Grade
Senior STEM Academy (SSA) is a 1-week summer program for 6th-8th graders. While encompassing many of the holistic aspects of Junior STEM Academy, Senior STEM Academy is designed to enhance scholars’ ability to problem solve and think critically.
Important Dates for SSA 2021
Application Release Date: February 15, 2021
Application Close Date: April 09, 2021
Program Start Date: June 21, 2021
Program End Date: July 23, 2021
- Provide a working knowledge of health sciences; such as biology, anatomy, and physiology
- Expose students to careers in STEM, and their roles in society
- Practice soft skills
- Develop tips and tools for academic success
Cost and Fees:
- Application fee $35
- Per application, per scholar
- Application fee due to complete application
- Make payable to UAMS
- DDEI accepts cashiers checks and money orders
- We are unable to process online payments at this time
- Mail payments to:
- University of Arkansas Medical Sciences or UAMS
- 4301 W. Markham, Slot 625 Little Rock, AR 72205
- Memo: DDEI Senior STEM Academy, Applicant Name
- Registration fee: $125*
- If accepted in the Summer 2021 cohort, the $35 application fee applies to the $125 registration fee.
*Scholars can request consideration for scholarships. Info in registration link. The scholarship applies to the registration fee only.
**Discount/reduced pricing for multi-scholar families. Contact Program Coordinator for more info.
Manager of Intercultural Education, Senior Diversity Specialist
Division for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
University of Arkansas Medical Sciences
4301 W. Markham St, Slot 625
Little Rock, AR 72205