In Spring 2012, UAMS students initiated the formation of the LGBT Health Alliance. The goals of the group are:
- To provide a safe and secure environment for LGBT students, faculty and staff, and their allies.
- To help educate students, faculty and staff on issues facing the LGBT population to ensure culturally competent health care professionals.
- To engage with the LGBT community at large to develop collaborative partnerships to foster health.
A Message from our President
My name is Madison Tate, and I am currently a P2 in the College of Pharmacy. I grew up in small-town Arkansas, and like most people from rural areas know, there is limited or nonexistent support for the LGBTQIA+ community. Being in that environment during my formative years, I struggled to find my voice and self-confidence as an adult. So far, my time at UAMS has been a period of tremendous personal growth. I am ready to step up and take an active role in advocating for the LGBTQIA+ community. I am honored to be President of this organization and look forward to working with all members to ensure that UAMS is a visible force of support and safety for individuals in the community. If you are a member of the LGBTQIA+ or an ally and are interested in joining, please fill out the form. If you have any questions, contact me through email or text.
– Madison Tate
UAMS LBGT Upcoming Events:
Central AR Pride on Saturday, October 21st
UAMS LBGT Highlights:
Contacts and Helpful Links:
President of UAMS Rainbow Health Alliance
Advisors: Masil George, email@example.com
Dr. Gregory Robinson, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Membership Form
- Patient and Family Resource Center
- Arkansas Transgender Equality Coalition
- Interested in LBGTQ+ Webinars and Trainings?
To join the UAMS Rainbow Health Alliance please contact Madison Tate, DDEI@uams.edu