Purpose Statement/President’s Message:
The Latino Medical Student Association was created at UAMS to form a community of support around future physicians through mentorship, service, and education. We seek to help our members become better healthcare providers with the hope of improving our community’s health, focusing on Hispanic and Latinx communities within the United States. Our organization is a member of the Southwest Region along with Louisiana, Texas, Oklahoma, New Mexico, and Colorado. We collaborate on events across our region such as “Christmas At the Border” as well as events right here in Little Rock. We will be hosting a variety of events throughout the school year and hope you will join us!
National Website link: https://national.lmsa.net
LMSA National Instagram: lmsanational
LMSA Regional Instagram: lmsa_southwest
Unifying Medical Students to promote Latino health.
- To unify all Latino medical students into one organization
- To provide a voice for underrepresented medical students
- To actively promote recruitment and retention of Latino students at all levels
- To educate medical students on Latino health issues
- To advocate for the rights of Latinos in health care
- To provide leadership opportunities for Latinos
- To promote volunteerism in the Latino community
Upcoming Events Fall 2023:
- LMSA Social
- August 13th at Taqueria El Palenque
- Interpreting Course and LULAC Partnership
- Partnership between LMSA and LULAC to work with their Medical Spanish students throughout the 2022-2023 school year.