About the Program:
The Summer Research Internship (SRI), administered by the UAMS Division for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion provides high school juniors, seniors, and college students who are interested in pursuing careers in research and health care the opportunity to expand their knowledge and understanding by conducting science-based research. Students’ participation will include an in-person experience conducting research of their interest with an assigned mentor. Limited UAMS campus housing will be available.
• Research, mentoring, and networking experiences
• Strengthen knowledge on various scientific research topics
• Receive responsible conduct of research training
• Enhance leadership skills
• Students will receive stipends
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- Must be classified as a rising high school junior, senior, or a college undergraduate.
- Minimum GPA 3.0 or better (on a 4.0 scale)
- Must be in pursuit of a research/healthcare-related career
November 18, 2022 – Online Applications Open
February 17, 2023 – Online Applications Close
May 2023 – Program Starts
August 2023 – Program Ends
For questions or additional information, contact HealthCareerU@uams.edu