ABOUT THE PROGRAM
The Pre-Nursing Summer Scholars Program (PNSS), administered by the UAMS College of Nursing and Division for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion provides sophomore and junior college students who are interested in pursuing careers in nursing and health care the opportunity to expand their knowledge and understanding. Student participation will include a test preparation and career exposure with an assigned mentor.
• Mentoring and networking experiences
• Strengthen knowledge on various scientific topics
• Receive study skills
•Enhance leadership skills
• Students will receive stipends
- Must be a U.S. citizen or permanent resident.
- Must be classified as a rising sophomore and junior.
- Minimum GPA 2.5 or better (on a 4.0 scale).
- Must be in pursuit of a nursing career.
- Must be a student that has not be admitted into the CON program.
Online Applications Open – February 1, 2023
Online Applications Close – March 31, 2023
Program Starts – June 5, 2023
Program Ends – June 7, 2023
For questions or additional information, contact HealthCareerU@uams.edu