An application is complete and ready for review when all of the following materials have been received. Finalists will be granted an interview. A telephone interview will be arranged for applicants who are not within a radius of 50 miles.
You can also download a copy of the application as a guide to help prepare when filling out the application online. Please note that all applications must be turned in online, any mailed/emailed application will not be accepted.
Important Dates for PMSS 2020:
- January 6, 2020 (1:00AM PST) – Online Application Opens
- *Extended Deadline* – May 1, 2020 (11:59 PST) – Application Closes
- June 15, 2020 – Program Starts
- July 24, 2020 – Program Ends
*The online application & supplemental materials (including Letter of Recommendations) needs to be received by this date to be considered for screening.
How to Apply:
All documents below need to be uploaded through the online application portal (PDF COPY REQUIRED)
- Unofficial transcripts from all colleges and universities attended (PDF Form)
- Personal Essay of 2-3 pages describing your personal, family and community background; your motivation for a medical career; what you have done to develop your interest and knowledge of modern medicine; and what you hope to accomplish by participation in UAMS PMSS.
Letters of Recommendation: Letter writers will receive an e-mail (at the letter writer’s email address that the applicant inputted in their application) granting them access and instructions on how to upload their letters online.
- Two letters of recommendation, one from a science professor (math, biology, chemistry and other science course) and one from a premedical advisor or employer.
- The applicant will receive an auto generated email confirmation whenever an LOR has been submitted in their behalf by their writers.
- It is the applicants responsibility to follow-up with their letter writers for a timely submission of their letter of recommendations.
Note for the letter writers:
We suggest first checking your Spam and Trash folders to ensure that the email was not accidentally classified as spam. If the recommender email message is not in any of these folders, please email Kimberlyn Blann with Subject Line: PMSS 2020 LOR Assist and we can assist you further. The letter of recommendation needs to be uploaded before the posted deadlines above for the application to be considered complete.
STEP 2: UPON ACCEPTANCE TO THE PROGRAM, PLEASE SUBMIT THE ADDITIONAL MATERIALS
- Completed PMSS 2020 On-boarding checklist and support documents
- Official Transcript(s) (Applicant can send transcripts directly to Center for Diversity Affairs (CDA) as long as it is sealed from their institution)
Accepted Applicants must mail in all additional documents in ONE envelope packet. Mail documents to:
UAMS Division for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
4301 West Markham St., Slot #625
Little Rock, AR 72205