Registration is now closed. Program and wait list are at capacity.
Senior STEM Academy (SSA) is a 1-week summer program for 6th-8th graders. While encompassing many of the holistic aspects of Junior STEM Academy, Senior STEM Academy is designed to enhance scholars ability to problem solve, and think critically.
Program dates: July 13 to July 17, 2020
Click here to Register
Important Dates for SSA 2020:
- February 20, 2020 – Online Application Opens
- March 13,2020- Registration Closed, Program at Capacity
- July 13, 2020 – Program Starts
- July 17, 2020 – Program Ends
- Provide a working knowledge of health sciences; such as biology, anatomy, and physiology
- Expose students to careers in STEM, and their roles in society
- Practice soft skills
- Develop tips and tools for academic success
Cost and Fees:
- Application fee $35
- per application, per scholar
- application fee due to complete application
- DDEI accepts checks, money order, and cash
- You are welcome to mail or deliver payment in person. We are unable to process online payments.
- Mail payments to:
- University of Arkansas Medical Sciences or UAMS
- 4301 W. Markham, slot 625 Little Rock, AR 72205
- Memo: DDEI Senior STEM Academy, Applicant Name
- Registration fee: $150*
- Registration fee includes: field trip fee, snacks, and lunches
- If accepted in Summer 2020 cohort, $35 application fee applies to $150 registration fee.
*Scholars can request consideration for scholarships. Info in registration link. The scholarship applies to the registration fee only.
Amber N. Booth-McCoy, Senior Diversity Specialist
Division for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion
University of Arkansas Medical Sciences
4301 W. Markham St, Slot 625
Little Rock, AR 72205