The Division for Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion (DDEI) at the University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences is pleased to announce that the Academy of Pre-Health Scholars (APHS) summer program will continue to be offered to disadvantaged and/or underrepresented high school students in the summer of 2020. APHS is designed to facilitate a successful academic career for students who have strong interests in healthcare professions.
The Academy of Pre-Health Scholars (APHS) will offer a versatile schedule that will fit most student’s educational and professional demands. When you apply through the DDEI website, you will be automatically considered for the full 5-week program.
Please use our Applicant’s Guide for complete information to the program and the application process.
- Weeks 1 to 3: ACT Preparation, Academic Succes, Introduction to Research
- June 8 (Mon) to June 26 (Fri), 2020
- Week 4: Break
- June 29 (Mon) to July 3 (Fri), 2020
- Weeks 5 and 6: ACT Preparation, Introduction to Public Health / Medical Professions
- July 6 (Mon) to July 17 (Fri), 2020