DDEI Academy for Inclusive Excellence (AIE) is a formalized cadre of learning experiences on topics relevant to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We intentionally construct learning experiences designed to engage, enlighten, and edify the UAMS experience for our internal and external customers.
The aim of the Academy of Inclusive Excellence is to assist the institution in creating a culturally humble, proficient, and responsive workforce. Additionally, the academy builds capacity in regard to cultivating leaders in the space of inclusive excellence to fortify the UAMS Vision 2029 plan. Learners will exit these experiences with an increased awareness of the importance of diversity, equity, and inclusion, and its impact on academic and workplace success.
The AIE Facilitator Council consists of UAMS faculty and staff, and represent multiple divisions, departments, and programs across the institution. Members of the AIE Facilitator Council were identified and selected by DDEI. Each member of the council has demonstrated a commitment to the values of UAMS, mission of DDEI, and have professionally established themselves as thought-leaders through their experience and expertise in their respective fields and specialties.
- AIE Facilitator Council is an advisory body responsible for the design, review, evaluation, and facilitation of courses/workshops in Academy for Inclusive Excellence.
- Support the institution in creating a culturally humble, proficient, and responsive workforce by designing a robust cadre of courses relevant to diversity, equity, and inclusion.
- AIE Facilitator Council is comprised of UAMS employees, with expertise or experience in training/education/leadership and invested in the mission of DDEI.
- AIE Facilitator Council consists of UAMS employees from various departments and institutions who are invested in the mission of DDEI and equipped with relevant expertise or experience in subject matter training/education/leadership.
- AIE Facilitator Council is housed in DDEI Office of Intercultural Education.
- Council is chaired by the DDEI Manager of Intercultural Education, Amber Booth-McCoy.
- OIE Strategy/Training Council is a taskforce/council tasked with crafting, implementing and management of the institution-wide initiative located in the UAMS 2029 Vision Plan requiring all members of Team UAMS to complete (1) implicit bias/cultural humility workshops on an annual basis.
- Function as a think-tank for the DDEI Office of Intercultural Education
- OIE Training and Strategy Council consists of UAMS employees, identified, and invited by DDEI, due to their established reputations as in subject-matter experts, in addition to their respected aptitude in the areas of training, education, and leadership.
- OIE Strategy and Training Team is housed in DDEI Office of Intercultural Education.
- OIE Strategy/Training Team is chaired by the DDEI Manager of Intercultural Education.