Kindergarten – 5th Grade
DDEI Virtual STEM Academy encompasses the Junior STEM Academy (JSA), Kindergarten-5th grade, and Senior STEM Academy (SSA) 6th-8th grade. This program is designed to immerse our young scholars in a world of science that focuses on health (STEM-H) while incorporating technology, engineering, and mathematics. DDEI STEM Academy uses a combination of effective teaching pedagogies to design a culturally responsive and holistic curriculum. In addition to STEM-H, we integrate concepts relating to mental health/wellness such as cyber-bullying or emotional intelligence. We encourage community service and remind scholars to “Think globally. Act locally”.
Important Dates for JSA 2021
|Program Name||Application Release Date||Application Close Date||Program Start Date||Program End Date|
|Junior STEM Academy (JSA) (K – 2nd Graders)||February 15, 2021||March 26, 2021||June 07, 2021||June 11, 2021|
|Junior STEM Academy (JSA) (3rd Graders)||February 15, 2021||March 26, 2021||June 07, 2021||June 11, 2021|
|Junior STEM Academy (JSA) (4th – 5th Graders)||February 15, 2021||March 26, 2021||June 14, 2021||June 18, 2021|
Click Here to Register
- Provide a working knowledge of health sciences; such as biology, anatomy, and physiology
- Expose students to careers in STEM, and their roles in society
- Practice soft skills
- Develop tips and tools for academic success
Cost and Fees:
- Application fee $35
- per application, per scholar*
- application fee due to complete application
- DDEI accepts cashiers checks and money orders only
*Scholars can request consideration for scholarships. Info in registration link. The scholarship applies to the registration fee only.
**Discount/reduced pricing for multi-scholar families. Contact Program Coordinator for more info.
- Mail payments to:
- University of Arkansas Medical Sciences or UAMS
- 4301 W. Markham, slot 625 Little Rock, AR 72205
- Memo: DDEI Senior STEM Academy, Applicant Name
- Registration/Program fee: $100*
- Fee includes materials/supplies,
- If accepted in Summer 2021 cohort, $35 application fee applies to $100 registration fee.
Manager of Intercultural Education
Senior Diversity Specialist
Check Us Out!
Subscribe to our YouTube Channel